- GKM College of Engineering & Technology, Chennai, an institutions a premier technical educational institution established in the year 1996.
- The department of Computer Science and Engineering started with intake of 60 initially in the year of 1996.
- Developed with upcoming growth there was intake increased to 120 in the year 2003 onwards.
- In the year 2014 Computer Science and Engineering department approved with permanent affiliation from Anna University, Chennai.
- Membership in IEEE, CSI, ACM with student chapter.
- MOU signed with EMC2, ICTACT, and MISSION 10 X.
Department Objectives are
- To achieve high pass percentage in university examination
- To motivate and train the students to update their knowledge and skills by global interaction
- To improve faculty research program
- To impart quality education with respect to quality management system
- B.E. Computer Science And Engineering with intake of 120 students
- M.E. Computer science And Engineering (Established in the Academic Year 2005-2006)
- M.E. Software Engineering (Established in the Academic Year 2012-2013)
- M.E Computer Networks (Established in the Academic Year 2013-2014)
- M.E Biometrics & Cyber Security(Established in the Academic: Year 2015-2016)
- Research Center recognized by Anna University, Chennai : Year 2010
Our vision is
- To groom the student to face, explore, resolve, the real world challenges in the field of computer science
- To create graduates who are globally recognized as innovative and well-prepared computing professionals.
- To Engineer a powerful research and teaching environment that responds swiftly to the challenges of the changing digital world.
- Associate with local, state, national, and international entities in education and research
- Promote our graduatesâ€™ interpersonal and entrepreneurial skills that provides exposure and management within the industryâ€™s diverse culture.
- The department is determined to focus on the Pursuit of excellence
Program Educational Objectives(PEOS):
Program Outcomes (POS)
Studentâ€™s possession to spread of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals and specialization to the solution of compound Engineering problems.
To find the problems, do research, literature survey, and to produce results for engineering problems, formulate the skills in mathematics, science and Engineering.
Apply software Engineering methodologies in their project work and grasp the concepts of major mechanism to be updated in the upcoming software industries.
Ability to Communicate effectively and to function in an multidisciplinary team works
Individual and Group Effort:
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Identify the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Computer engineers and technologists can find job openings in a wide range of global industries which may include
In industries, computer Engineers use their understanding of living systems and technology to design and test new products. Computer engineers are required in institutions engaged in research. They are also appointed as technical advisors for marketing department of medical equipment companies.
Booming IT sector in India has plenty of jobs for fresh computer science graduates. Candidates with high percentage of mark and good communication skills as well as sound computer knowledge do not face problem in getting a job. Computer engineers can get jobs in non-IT companies like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, commercial organizations and the manufacturing sector, etc.
Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. Working as programmer, web developer, and E- commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies, etc. can be a rewarding career option as well.
Moreover, numerous national and multi-national computer manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies, etc. require computer professionals in large numbers.
Enormous opportunities are awaiting software professionals especially in the field of research and development (R& D), in carrying out advanced research at universities, research institutes and government agencies in India and other countries. They supervise laboratories and equipment, and participate in, or direct research activities in collaboration with other researchers. Computer professionals may be employed by companies like BPL, Larsen & Toubro, Wipro and Siemens into their R&D section or into sales and marketing, depending on their skills and preferences.About the Faculty
Faculty members are from different specialization of computer engineers with a good blend of IT industry as well as teaching experience All are highly qualified and have carried out socially relevant research activities.
Their sound technical knowledge helps in guiding the students in recent advances in the broad areas of computer engineering
We teach our students to think innovative and create new technologies based software projects to both the development and the application of engineering technology. Our academic faculties â€“ all are with leadership quality in their specialized fields. Our faculties provide a motivating learning environment that extends well beyond the lecture hall.
Our department consists of 23 Teaching faculties in that of 03 professors and 02 associate professor 16 assistant professors and 03 Non â€“ teaching faculty. All our faculties are experienced in their core areas as
- Knowledge and data engineering
- Networking and information security
- Cloud Computing
- Image processing and artificial neural networks
- Software Engineering
Anna University approved 7 Days FDP on Design and Analysis of Algorithms was conducted during December 2014 with 20 Internal and External Faculty members. This FDTP was a great learning for both students and staff.
A secure sharing and retrieval of image in untrusted cloud environment is sent to UGC Minor Research Project for the grant of 6 lakhs.
A Challenges in smart cities conference proposal sent to TamilNadu state council for Science and Technology for the fund of 2 lakhs
A Knowledge Discovery and Data mining in biological Database sent to UGC Minor Research Project for the grant of 8 lakhs.
A Information Centre As A Service For Rural Agricultural Development sent to AICTE for the grant of 48 lakhs.
Total Number of Faculty Publications in national and international journals from the Department: 77