The Department of Automobile Engineering was established in the year 2011 with sanctioned intake of 60 students. The department has well-qualified and vast experienced faculty members with proven ability and administrative skills. The laboratories are well equipped with advanced research facilities that fulfill the needs of the students and research scholars. The department is actively involved in teaching and research in the areas of Alternate fuels, Chassis Design, Engine Electronics and related areas.
To impart quality education and research in the field of Automobile Engineering by providing state of art facilities to transform the learners into successful entrepreneurs and achievers.
To develop the department of Automobile Engineering into a “Centre of excellence” offering competitive education for students at various levels with hands on practices, enhancing their personal skills, emphasizing ethical values and helps them to meet the current challenges of the Automotive Industries.
The Department of Automobile Engineering has the following well equipped laboratories to train the students in the areas of automobile servicing and repair, fault diagnosis of automotive engines,
- Automotive Electrical & Electronics Lab.
- Vehicle Maintenance & Re-conditioning lab.
- Fuels and Lubricants Testing Lab,
- Two and Three Wheelers Lab.
- Engine Performance & Emission Testing Lab with Engine data logger
- Automotive Components Design Lab for modeling and analysis using softwares like Pro/E WF, Catia, Solidworks, Ansys, etc.
IC Engine and Emission Testing & Research Lab:
The lab has been established with the cost of around Rs.24,00,000/- which facilitates the research activities for the students and research scholars to perform Engine combustion analysis and emission characteristics on stationary and automotive engines under different operating conditions.
The lab has the following major equipments
- Water cooled and Air cooled Eddy Current Dynamometer
- AVL Five Gas Analyzer
- Smoke meter
- Computerized Engine Combustion Analyzer
- Multi-cylinder Petrol engine
- Single & Twin cylinder Diesel engine
- Electrical and Mechanical Dynamometer
Automotive Components Lab:
This lab facilitates the students to provide the hands-on practices for servicing and repair of various automotive Systems and Engines.
The lab has the following major Automotive Systems and Components.
- Multi Cylinder Petrol Engine
- Multi Cylinder Diesel Engine
- Petrol and Diesel fuel systems
- Heavy duty vehicle chassis frame
- Light duty vehicle chassis frame
- Front axle and Rear axle
- Clutch and Gear box
- Steering systems with different gear boxes
- Tata Indica Car-Petrol
- Tata Indica Car-Diesel
Two and Three Wheelers Lab:
This lab facilitates the students by providing the hands-on practices for servicing and repair the two and three wheeler engine, Chassis and the Performance of Shock absorber etc.
The lab has the following major Equipments
Vehicle Maintenance & Reconditioning Lab:
The lab has been established with the cost of around Rs.18,00,000 which facilitates the students to perform the Fuel pump Calibration, Wheel Balancing and alignment, Head light alignments and Engine fault diagnosis various engine Sensors etc.
The lab has the following major Equipments
- Fuel Injection Pump calibration test bench
- Cylinder Re-boring machine
- Valve Re-facing machine
- Head Light Aligner
- Automatic tire remover
- Computerized wheel alignment setup
- Wheel Balancer
Fuels and Lubricants Lab:
The lab has been established with the cost of around Rs.7.40,000 This lab facilitates the research activities for students to perform the measurements of various properties and characteristics of Fuels & Lubricating oil etc..
The lab has the following major Equipments are:
- Aniline Point Apparatus
- ASTM Distillation test
- Bomb Calorimeter Apparatus
- Cloud and Pour Point Apparatus
- Copper Strip Corrosion Test
- Drop Point and penetration Test
- Flash and fire point apparatus
- Junker’s Gas Calorimeter
- Rams-bottom Carbon Residue Apparatus
- Redwood Viscometer
- Reid Vapor Pressure test
- Saybolt Viscometer
The lab has been established with the cost of around Rs.8,00,000 This lab facilitates the students to perform the fault diagnosis of alternator, starter motor, ignition system, electrical system, battery testing and Engine fault diagnosis of various engine Sensors etc.
The lab has the following major Equipments:
- Battery Test Rig with High Rate of Discharge tester
- Starter motor and Alternator Test Bench
- Regulator & cut-out Test Rig
- Distributor, ignition coil, spark plug Test Bench
- Amplifier, IC timer, Data logger
- 8085 trainer kit
- Actuators like stepper motor
- Sensors like RTD, Load cell, LVDT test Kit
- Auto. Electrical Test bench
- BOSCH Engine Scanner